SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS ANTHOLOGY.
WATCH FOR ITS PUBLICATION IN SEPTEMBER 2022!
If you could catch a glimpse of the future, what would you hope to see? An environmentally-friendly paradise? High-tech advancements? Newly-evolved species of wildlife?
For this collection, we want positive visions of the future. Show us terraces covered in gardens and solar panels, sprawling colonies under glass on Mars, and the explorers of tomorrow. Tell us what you think cities will look like in the year 2300, what it would be like to take a cruise on a spaceship, or what new organisms might evolve in the Amazon rain forest.
Science fiction, fantasy, humor, and weird fiction are all welcome.
|Open for Submissions:||CLOSED|
|Expected Publication:||September 2022|
|Story Length:||2,000 – 8,000 words|
|Payment:||$0.02 per word + two (2) contributor copies|
- Please submit your complete story in standard manuscript form in digital format (DOCX, RTF, or ODT) to submissions (at) waterdragonpublishing.com.
- Please include “The Future's So Bright Anthology” in the Subject line of your submission.
- Include the following in your cover letter/email:
- Title of your story
- Your legal name
- Your preferred name (if different from your legal name)
- Your physical mail address
- Your preferred email address
- Approximate word count
- Your story can be from whatever genre best fits its theme. However, we are not looking for erotica or stories that contain excessive gore or violence.
- You may submit more than one story. However, we will only publish one of your stories in this edition, so choose wisely. Please wait until you have been notified about the acceptance status of your story before submitting another one.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us immediately if your story is accepted elsewhere.
- We are not accepting previously published stories for this anthology, but if you have one you think we might be interested in, please feel free to submit it to our Dragon Gems short fiction program.
- No fan fiction, please.
Also check out our Call for Submissions for "Corporate Catharsis: The Work from Home Edition". You may submit different stories for consideration in both anthologies.