The pandemic came and the world changed. Lives have changed; work has changed. The boundaries between reality and fantasy have become as blurred as those between life and work.
Corporate Catharsis: The Work From Home Edition gives you the opportunity to explore the impact of the COVID pandemic on your personal and professional life through your speculative fiction.
We’re certain that you can, far too easily, find inspiration from your real or virtual workplace. Magic, mayhem, revenge — and, yes, perhaps even redemption — can all be found there.
|Open for Submissions:||February 1, 2022 through July 30, 2022|
|Expected Publication:||November 2022|
|Story Length:||2,000 – 10,000 words|
|Payment:||$0.02 per word + two (2) contributor copies|
- Please submit your complete story in standard manuscript form in digital format (DOCX, RTF, or ODT) to submissions (at) waterdragonpublishing.com.
- Please include “Corporate Catharsis Anthology” in the Subject line of your submission.
- Include the following in your cover letter/email:
- Title of your story
- Your legal name
- Your preferred name (if different from your legal name)
- Your physical mail address
- Your preferred email address
- Approximate word count
- Your story does not need to be set in a corporate environment. We welcome stories involving, among other settings, retail, education, or stay-at-home parenting.
- Your story can be from whatever genre best fits its theme, but should contain some fantastical element. However, we are not looking for erotica or stories that contain excessive gore or violence.
- Please leave your politics at the door. While politics might play a role in your story, your story should not be a political message.
- No simultaneous submissions, please.
- You may submit more than one story, but please send each one as a separate submission. However, we will only publish one of your stories in this edition, so choose wisely.
- We will accept stories that have been previously published. If your story has been published before, please provide proof that you hold the current publishing rights for it when you submit your manuscript.
- We highly recommend that you change any names based on real people in your story to protect the innocent — and to prevent possible further harassment by the guilty.
- If you have a story that doesn’t fit this theme, please consider submitting it to our Dragon Gems short fiction program.
If you want an even better idea what kind of stories we are interested in, you can get a copy of our first edition of Corporate Catharsis for only 99¢ for a limited time.